Our Returns Policy
At Able Home and Office, we emphasise convenience! That’s why we offer a 14 Day Change of Mind Returns Policy, we want you to love your purchase, but if you have changed your mind you can return most unused or unwanted items whether purchased online or instore from Able, as long as you have your receipt or proof of purchase. You can also return items to any Able store or via post (postage fees apply).
Change of mind
If you have changed your mind, we may offer you a refund provided that the refund.
- is made within 14 days of purchase.
- you are able to provide satisfactory proof of purchase (see below); and
- the merchandise is in saleable condition, that is it is unworn or unused with all original sealed packaging or tags attached and where the product seal is not broken or tampered; and
- the item is not subject to the exclusions listed below
Our team members will assess the item to determine whether a refund will be offered in accordance with our Returns Policy. Please note that delivery and gift wrapping costs are non-refundable for change of mind returns.
Products ordered specifically for quoted projects, enterprise equipment, sale or open box items are excluded from this policy.
Excluded change of mind items
Please choose carefully when purchasing merchandise designated as a clearance item (either marked as clearance or reduced to clear) as change of mind returns will not be accepted.
Returns will not be provided on the following types of merchandise unless the product fail to meet a consumer guarantee.
- Custom made, monogrammed, personalised, and altered products
- Delivered large electrical, Big & Bulky items.
- Personal care products (electric toothbrushes, shavers, etc)
- Perishable goods such as flowers or food
- Product care plans
Items that have a tag that accompanies the product that states no change of mind
Gift Cards or vouchers, iTunes music cards and third party gift and recharge cards
Sales to individuals who Able believes to be resellers or bulk purchasers are final sales, and the change of mind policy does not apply.
If you are unable to provide satisfactory Proof of Purchase, we are unable to provide you with a change of mind return.
We recognise that the option to return an unwanted item is important to our customers. To ensure a positive shopping experience for all customers and to prevent fraud, abuse and misuse of this policy, Able may refuse to accept items returned for Change of Mind if we identify an unreasonable or excessive return pattern and may also restrict or refuse future transactions from such individuals.
Proof of purchase
Refunds or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents for change of mind:
- Original register receipt tax invoice (electronic or photograph will be accepted)
- Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted)
- Packing slip included in all online purchases and click & collect
Please note that our team members are not responsible for proving your purchase. You must supply the proof of purchase, which our team members can validate.
All returns are subject to the Able Warranty Policy, and the Able Online Terms and Conditions.
As a consumer, you are entitled to certain guarantees in respect of goods and services purchased from Able. These guarantees are called Consumer Guarantees and are not impacted by the change of mind policy or limited by a defined time frame.
Where you believe an item is faulty or defective, it may be necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time. If the goods or service has a major failure, you may reject the good or service and seek a refund, exchange or repair or you may keep the item and seek compensation for any drop in value. If the failure is minor, we will repair the item (or, at our discretion, we may replace the item or refund you) within a reasonable time.
Please be aware that data (including, but not limited to, images, music and video) may be lost during the assessment and repair process of electrical and electronic products. It is the responsibility of the consumer to ensure that all personal data is deleted and backed-up before returning the item to Able. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Where an item is damaged through misuse, neglect or abnormal use, Able will not provide a refund, exchange or repair.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Our services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value
- You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
- If the failure does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have problems with the service rectified in a reasonable time and, if this is not done, to cancel your contract and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the contract.
Able will require satisfactory proof of purchase before providing a remedy under Consumer Law.
Refunds for all purchases will be given using your original payment method (online purchases will automatically be refunded to the account used to pay) except in the following circumstances:
- where a credit or debit card was used to make the purchase, the cardholder and the same card used for the purchase must also be presented and used for the refund.
- If the purchase was made using a mobile payment or digital wallet service such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay etc, the refund will be processed back to the mobile or digital wallet.